Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Journey to Find Balance

Well it's been quite awhile since I've blogged. I've managed to read several other peoples blogs and comment on what they have to say. Honestly, this blogging stuff is new to me. I started it in January and then it kind of dwindled. It's actually like my Best Life dwindled as well.

I'm happy to say that I'm back on track, at least I sure hope I am. I went into this journey knowing that it was going to be a daily struggle and it truly is. In the past 13 weeks I've overcome many obstacles from watching and tracking what I eat(I'm proud to say I've lost 17 pounds), to starting to exercise more, well more than I did before.

I consider myself to be an educated person who knows right from wrong but when it comes to myself I just don't always factor in what's good for me, well I'm working to change that. It's interesting because I'm not a parent, I've got a partner who like me, doesn't exercise or eat as healthy as he can. Some would say we've got all the time in the world to care for ourselves by eating, exercising and getting out and enjoying our lives. But we don't!!! Why would that be? It's a question I often ask myself. I'm constantly searching for the answer and perhaps one day I'll find it.

I'm happy to write that joining Twitter (@maxxakahotdog) has been the best motivation and professional development I could have done for myself. I've learned so much from everyone that I follow. I recently discovered hashtags, Wow!!! I've become involved with #temt. So nice to see others who are wanting to motivate themselves physically to keep some balance. Before I headed to the treadmill I read http://avenue4learning.com/ by @michellek107 on "A Balancing Act" I just started following her today and I can't get enough of her blog posts.

My life needs to have some balance. Twitter, Facebook, Work, Workshop Presentations, Masters, Home, etc. The list is endless. I'm wondering how people do it. Interesting how I neglected to add in eating healthy and exercise. Hmm! What does that say? Okay forgive me, I'm trying my hardest. I think I've just found my new goal, BALANCE!!! I'm thinking the exercise is going to help to relieve some of the stress throughout the year but I've got to do it. It's not about fitting it in, it's about motivating myself to do it so I can feel as good as I do right now. My walk was exhilarating and refreshing. The Wii Active Challenge felt great to work my muscles. I'm always wanting to improve my teaching practice so why not work on my body, muscle, and soul?

Balance is so important in your life. If you can learn to set boundaries, either on the computer, professionally, physically, emotionally then I think you're well on your way to living the best life you can. It's the journey of learning that's the challenge and greatest part. I beat myself up for not taking care of myself or finishing a task that's looming. Perhaps, accepting ourselves for what we are capable of and spending less time worrying. Then the balance will evolve over time. I'm learning to accept myself for who I am. My strengths and my weaknesses. I can only do better.

Perhaps as I write and find the balance and motivation that I seek, the answers will come to me. Looking forward to hearing what you might have to say.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I am also working on balance and boundaries and find myself writing often about those very things. I am excited to have met you and so many others who want to push themselves to be healthy and live their best lives. Beautifully written. Thanks for inspiring me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post...and you are so right. If we find balance, we live the best life we can. As a result, we will have more to give to those around us, because we aren't drawing from a depleted well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hand of your Lord will make them useful

    ReplyDelete