Saturday, April 17, 2010

Dinner & A Movie - April 16/10

I did a great job. I'm so proud of myself tonight and all day. I wanted to eat everything today but I didn't. After work, I rode my bike home and walked in the door, took the dogs out and I was hungry. I looked for a snack because I knew I was going for dinner tonight and I only had 15 points left. Dinner would take at least 11 or 12 points. I searched my book and fridge and found brushetta and triscuts. I calculated the points and I had that for a snack instead of cashews, salt & vinegar chips, cereal, etc. I was still hungry but at least the bite was gone. I had myself a shower to revitalize myself and off we went.

Our friends didn't show until 8:30. I'm so glad I ate when we got there. I wouldn't have been able to survive. I ordered an 8 oz. steak, mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. For me it was a healthier choice than fries. I cut the steak in half and brought the rest home. I ate slowly and enjoyed my food. It was delicious.

Then Darcy ordered the White Chocolate Brownie, one of our favourite desserts. It was huge. I didn't eat a bite. Not even a lick of the spoon. It was so hard to resist it but I did it. I'm picking my hard. We then went to the movie and everyone had popcorn and I didn't. Again, I picked my hard.

I'm so proud of myself. I didn't want to cheat the first week because it would have discouraged me. I'm so happy I didn't. I'm staying up to write this but I know I can sleep in tomorrow, not that I will.

Tomorrow is shopping for some groceries and meal planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment