Sunday, January 17, 2010

January 17th, 2010

I'm purging today. The closet anyways. I've decided that it's time to start taking care of my insides as well as my outsides. I'm thinking some inappropriate clothing needs to disappear. Not that I've got a lot of that type of clothing but it's all the same. Long sleeve t-shirts, sweaters with v-necks, short sleeve t-shirts, etc. It's time to focus on me now. That's the job today.

I worked out and for the first time the 2o minutes didn't feel like it was enough of a workout. I was ready to really put in the time. So I played a little bit of tennis on the Wii after I finished the workout. I'm going to try and go for walk this afternoon with the dogs.

I bought a nice pair of dress pants, and some dressier jeans yesterday along with a cute sweater. I pulled out a blazer I'd kept from when I was this size last time. I know I've got some nicer dress shirts packed away as well. I think I'll pull that stuff out of storage and incorporate it with what I already have. The turtle necks are going. I don't think they are very flattering. I went to a higher end store here in GP called Fashionista. It was on the pricier side but I think the pants can be taken in when some more of the weight comes off. But for the time being I can wear more than one pair of pants. I looked on the Addition Elle and Pennington's websites and there isn't much as far as flattering clothes for larger ladies. I'm going to go and check out Addition Elle for a top or two. But first I'm going to go shopping in the drawers and my closet. Maybe I'll find something I like :-).

Yesterday a friend posted, To diet or not to diet. I replied back with go for it. It will make you feel better about yourself. If your thinking about it then I think its obvious that it's a change you want to make. I know it sure is for myself. It's interesting how we try to improve our teaching practice or our performance at our jobs or try to be a better parent, etc but when it comes to ourselves we hesitate and say, it's okay the way I am. I think sometimes, I settle because it's easier than putting the work into it. I found it interesting because her other friends told her to think of it as a lifestyle change. I don't think it matters if we call it a lifestyle change, best life, healthier you, Biggest Loser, program, or diet. We still want something better. So do it. I think it's important to realize that it's not going to happen within 2 or 3 weeks. It takes a while. That's the hard part. It took some time for it to come back on. I know it did for me. It felt like the weight just appeared, Boom!!!! But it didn't. It's been a year of eating after dinner, not exercising, eating after the eating after dinner, eating way too much food. We've all done it now it's time to accept what we've done and more on to better things.

I've said it before but it's really hard to do this. I just finished looking at women who've gone on the journey. Their pictures are posted on the Weight Watchers Canada site. They've been an inspiration. I know what their struggle has been like. One minute you're like, I can do this, the next it's, I'm okay with who I am. But we're not. I need to get out of this mind set. It's slowly happening and I know it's going to take time. I want to be able to walk up my stairs without huffing and puffing for air. I want to snow shoe for an hour without running out of steam. I want to look healthier and feel better. I don't want the aches and pains I've got now. I want to go camping to Ol'Macdonald's Farm and not sit in a lawn chair because my back hurts. I don't think this is too much to ask for. I'M GOING TO DO THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment